Class Teacher Post
SCP: M2 - UPS – 0.5 Part Time
(Year 5 - afternoons in the first instance)
The governing body is seeking to appoint highly motivated and enthusiastic teacher who will make a significant contribution to the life of the school, following and promoting the Catholic ethos.
We are seeking a teacher who:
- fully understands the demands of delivering an effective primary curriculum.
- will support the Catholic aims and mission of the school.
- will provide a high quality learning environment in order to stimulate and motivate young learners.
- will operate effectively and become part of a team of dedicated teachers and support staff.
- have a commitment to high standards of achievement and behaviour.
- is approachable and has good communication skills so as to gain the trust and confidence of pupils and their parents.
- fully acknowledges and understands that all children, regardless of age, sex, race, prior experience and social background, have the potential to learn.
- are prepared to make a full contribution to the life of the school and the extra curricular programme on offer to pupils
Please state within your application any areas of curricular expertise and interest in which you are able to lead.
We can offer:
- lively and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
- friendly and supportive staff, parents and governors.
- extensive support and opportunities for professional development
This post is not suitable for NQTs or those yet to complete their probationary year.
The Governing Body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults .The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application forms and job description are available via the school office and on the school website.
Visits are welcomed – please contact the school office to make an appointment.
Closing date – Tuesday 9th July
Interview arrangements to be confirmed after shortlisting.
We currently have a vacancy for a caretaker to work with both St Bartholomew's and St. Stephen's.
The Headteachers and Governors of both St. Stephen’s RC and St. Bartholomew’s CofE Primary Schools are looking to appoint a new Caretaker to join both staff in our exciting venture together. Since both schools moved to our new home on Goathland Avenue, we continue to grow in excitement with the possibilities of such a great location and to maximise the potential that the site offers. The custom-built building is unique in its design and function, truly meeting the needs of our children and our community that will last well into the 21st Century.
We are looking for someone who will make this role their own, working alongside the Headteachers, in the maintenance and development of our site. The successful candidate will have a positive attitude, lots of energy, be determined in the face of challenge, excited by the opportunities and enjoy the variety of tasks and responsibilities that the role presents. We would expect that they would demonstrate the ability to work both as part of a team, manage their time well and show initiative.
We would strongly advise visiting the schools before applying. We would hope that the successful candidate will be able to start with us as soon as possible, at least by 1st September 2019. Training will be provided on many of our bespoke systems and the willingness to learn is essential.
Grade 5: 37 hours per week.
Term time pattern: 7am until 10:14am; 2pm until 6:10pm. Holiday pattern negotiable.
Application forms and person specification are available from our websites or either school office.
Closing date: Wednesday 26th June 2019